Machon Alte offers an exciting, innovative approach to discovering the spark of
G-dliness in life. Differences of intelligence, achievement and virtue, pale to insignificance before the quintessential worth of a Jewish woman as a living expression of the Divine. Through the basic courses offered and by delving into the inner mystical dimensions of Torah, our students begin to appreciate the infinite value of a "Jewishly sparked" life.
Give yourself the refreshing gift of learning Torah in the ancient, mystical city of Safed and participate in our wide range of challenging courses.
· Torah and Prophets (Tanach): Structured analysis of original texts, with emphasis on skill building with traditional commentaries.
· Jewish Law (Halacha): Theoretical, ethical, and practical details of Jewish Dietary laws (Kashrut), Shabbat, Festivals, and contemporary problems.
· Talmud: Examination of a wide range of rabbinic writings and commentaries with emphasis on developing skills of independent study, interpretation, and intensive research.
· Chassidic Thought: Philosophical, spiritual, and ethical dimensions of classical Chassidic thought. Comparative analysis with other branches of Jewish philosophy.
· Tanya: The inner working of the Jewish soul. In depth study and analysis of the psychology of our relationship with G-d.
· Ethics of our Fathers: Character building and refinement. "Getting to know the real you."
· History: Outline of Jewish History from the period prior to the giving of the Torah until modern times. Independent study and intensive research.
· Jewish Philosophy: The dignity of the Jewish women, Israeli Politics, Modern Medicine, and Psychology in comparison with Jewish Ethics.
· Jewish Meditation and Prayer (Tefilla): Detailed analysis of liturgical text, encompassing historical, communal, and ethical ramifications.
· Ulpan: Extensive study of the Hebrew language and grammar. Systematic approach to comprehending classical and modern texts as well as conversational Hebrew.
· Defining the Modern Jewish Woman′s Role: Through the core courses studied, our students learn how to develop their role as a contemporary Jewish Woman. Included in this, our students are furnished with practical and decorative hands on experience with the planning of a Kosher Kitchen and Shabbat and holiday entertaining plus organizational skills for the efficient running of a Jewish Home for the professional woman.